Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Never-Ending Quest to Meet Mr. Simple

As you all know, there is only one thing I have ever asked the universe for: to meet a nice Asian boy (preferably Korean) and settle down.  And by settle down, I mean listen to Super Junior and learn all the dance moves to Bonamana



The Universe had other plans.

Instead of giving me an Asian boyfriend, I got into my second car accident of the year.  A guy in a blue Mustang pulled out in front of me on my own street and I hit him.  He was a middle aged Chinese guy. From Texas.  With a confederate flag iPhone case.

The Universe, not content to just laugh in my face only once, had the only witness be a Ballard Market employee who was half Asian and obviously gay.  He just laughed about how many car accidents happen in that intersection, bummed me a smoke (come off it, it was just one) and walked away - probably to never be seen again.

So remember that horrible cliche about being careful about what you wish for?  Well it's true.  The Universe is a cruel motherfucker.  First a horrible Super Junior album and then a chance meeting with a confederate flag toting Asian guy.  Thanks.

The good news is, while looking for my insurance information, I found my iPod I thought I had lost forever.  Silver lining?

1 comment:

  1. I never tagged you as the boy-band type. But I guess Asian boy bands are a little different, considering we can't actually understand what they are saying, so we can judge the presumably laughable lyrics. Get your dance on Matthew-those moves are fly.

    ReplyDelete